Path would be costly, intrusive
To the Editor:
Re: Bike and Walk Path (Riley Rink to North Road)This topic was again discussed unexpectedly on Oct. 8, at 5 p.m. at the Park House at the Dana Thomas Rec Park. This meeting was a review of the Aug. 27 meeting. Very little new information was presented here. Approximately 40 people were present. I have attended all meetings on this topic. My position is that this project:
- Invades the privacy of the many property owners that boarder this project.
- Is very secluded in many parts of the 1.6 miles of path.
- Invades the natural habitat of the animals, plants and wildlife.
- The area maintenance may cost more than expected to maintain.
- The town has enough on its plate and should not get involved.
All Town departments would have extra work to do over and beyond their current obligations.
A town Australian Ballot vote was approved at the March 2018 Town meeting for the purchase of the land. Therefore, an Australian Ballot vote must be taken before the purchase to move forward. The total project land and development is estimated at $1.3 million.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.