Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.  

DANBY — An Andover man sustained serious injuries and was transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center after an ATV crash in Danby on Oct. 9.

According to Trooper Ray Domingus, Geoffrey Fuller, 22, of Danby was driving a 2017 Polaris side-by-side ATV at 1404 Danby Hill Road about 10:25 p.m. on Oct. 9 when he crashed it. A passenger, Ethan Williams, 22, of Andover suffered serious injuries to his head and knee and was transported to Rutland Regional Medical Center from where he was transported by ambulance to Dartmouth.

Williams’ girlfriend, Teyah Marie, was also a passenger in the ATV but neither she nor Fuller were injured.

Marie said that she found Williams under the machine after crawling out the front window was able to lift it enough to pull him out from under it.

“He didn’t regain consciousness for nearly 2 minutes,” Marie said. “When he finally came to, we rushed him to Rutland, where they stabilized his vitals and stopped the blood loss. They immediately transferred him to Dartmouth, where we have been since [Oct. 10].”

Marie said they were rushing Williams to RRMC by private vehicle, but when they came across a responding state trooper.

“He turned around, picked us up and rushed us to the hospital safely and extremely quickly,” Marie said.

Marie said the left side of Williams’ face is “missing,” including his left ear. He also suffered damage to a knee, burns on his chest and has a gash on his forehead above his right eye. He spent four hours in surgery getting the wounds cleaned and repaired as much as possible.

“With the facial reconstruction team and plastic surgeons at Dartmouth, we are now awaiting three more surgeries that will reconstruct the open wound and missing ear,” Marie said.

Miraculously, Marie said, Ethan suffered no brain damage. His hearing and ear canal are 100 percent functioning, and he has no hearing loss. Not a single bone was broken, she said.

“His first three days here were really hard,” Marie said. “The plastic surgeons are waiting for his body to start regenerating blood vessels on his head, so they can take a skin graft from his thigh, and attach it to his face. Once that is done and his body accepts the skin graft, they will remove cartilage from his ribs, to begin reconstruction of his new ear.”

Williams has no insurance and a GoFundMe page has been set up by his mother to help with the cost of treatment at

In a press release, troopers said field sobriety tests showed Fuller to be under the influence of alcohol and he was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. Fuller was cited and released to appear in Vermont Superior Court Rutland Criminal Division to answer to the charge at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 19.

Contact Darren Marcy at or by cell at 802-681-6534.


If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us.
We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.