Race for the Cure seeks volunteers

MANCHESTER - The 21st Annual Vermont Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure kicks off on Saturday, Sept. 21 and there's still plenty of time to register, pledge, volunteer, or form or join a team by going to www.komenvtnh.org

The Race is a 5K run or walk, plus a new 10K race, to benefit Komen Vermont New Hampshire. As always, 75 percent of all monies raised at the race and other events underwrites breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs in Vermont and New Hampshire while the remaining 25 percent is dedicated to breast cancer research.

The participation of runners and walkers - whether in person or by taking part as a Virtual Runner if physically being there is not possible - directly impacts the health and wellbeing of countless women, men and children in Vermont and New Hampshire. Thanks to last year's Racers, Rompers (snowshoes) and Riders (horseback), the VT-NH Affiliate recently granted $450,000 to 16 breast cancer programs in both states.

To register as a timed or untimed runner in either race or the walk, or as a Virtual Runner, click the "Register as an Individual" tab at komenvtnh.org, or form or join an existing team by clicking the appropriate buttons.

For more information, call 802-362-2733 or visit www.komenvtnh.org.

For more information about Susan G. Komen for the Cure, breast health or breast cancer, visit www.komen.org or call 1-877 GO KOMEN.


If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions