Featured at the Farmers Market
MANCHESTER >> This week at the Manchester Farmers Market, Art Farm will be making snack boxes. Kids will make and decorate their own boxes and select fresh snacks to fill them with. The PoP (Power of Produce) Club will continue for all of July, where kids will get $2 to spend on any produce. As always, our kids activities are completely free.
Market favorite, Bruce White will be providing music this week.
Manchester Farmers Market is held on Thursdays from 3-6 p.m. in Adams Park, across from Gringo Jack's. There is ample parking, For more information email Krysta at email@example.com, or check their website at ManchesterFarmers.org
Our Harvest of the Week is Blueberries:
3 cups blueberries
3 cups raspberries
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp. cinnamon
splash of lemon juice
optional: pinch of fresh lavender
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
pinch of salt
¼ tsp. of nutmeg and or clove
1 stick of cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2. Butter a 9-inch pie plate.
3. Gently combine the berries with filling ingredients and spoon into the pie plate.
4. In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, both sugars and salt. Use 2 forks to work in the butter, until topping resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over the berries.
5. Place the pie plate on a baking sheet. Bake in the center of the oven until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, about 1 hour. Remove the crisp to a rack to cool slightly.
Source: Adam's Berry Farm in Charlotte, VT
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.