Don't procrastinate

To the Editor:
For the second time in six months our carbon monoxide (CO) detectors have gone off in the middle of the night. For the second time in six months we have gone to bed to be disrupted by an alert that has saved our lives. For the second time in six months, we could have gone to sleep and not woken in the morning. We would have just simply passed away in our sleep. While we'd prefer to go so gently, we're nowhere near ready! We write this letter in an effort to express how vital it is for you to have a carbon monoxide detector in your home. Don't believe for an instant that it's something that only happens to other people. After the first incident, we installed fresh detectors on each floor - a practice we will continue for the rest of our lives. We urge you to do the same. We also wish to thank the Manchester Fire Department, who twice, in the middle of the night has come to our aid. Nobody enjoys having their sleep disrupted, but these guys came when we called without complaint. They made sure we were okay, did their job and then guided us to the best course of action. Thank you guys!

Catherine L. Stewart
and Thomas H. Bourgeois


If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions