To the Editor:

Within the past several months, we have had two occasions when we've had the Manchester Fire Department come to our house. One was a "real" event related to a propane tank, and the second was a false alarm which was apparently the result of a faulty fire-alarm sensor.

Until one has encountered the fire department in a real situation, a situation where their expertise is vital, you may not understand how efficient and well-trained the Manchester Fire Department is.

Everyone in Manchester should be proud of our firefighters and make sure that they get the support (also, the financial support) that they deserve; our personal thanks for their efforts (particularly on very cold and icy nights).

Richard Moore