Following the Mass, the Catho lic Daughters hosted the parish at a celebratory hospitality gathering. New members are always welcome to join. The Catholic Daughters are de dicated to prayer and service. They recognize each new child who receives First Communion and each teen who receives the sacrament of Confirmation, acknowledging that these children add greatly to the sacramental life of the parish. They prepare the church hall for receptions following funeral masses. They hold an annual bazaar and a basket party and other social and fundraising events each year.
Proudly, over 90 percent of all funds raised are distributed right here in the Northshire. Such organizations as the Community Food Cupboard, the Summer Student Lunch Program, Faith and Nature Camp, the Interfaith Emergency Fund and many more benefit from the activities of Court St. Rita. As needed or wanted, the Catholic Daughters engage in other activities both spiritual and temporal.
The current officers are: Nancy Joyce, Regent; Sally Zoufaly, Vice-Regent; Barbara Mastrobattista, Financial Secretary; Judith Mongelluzzi, Recording Secretary and Mildred Kaylor, Treasurer. They and the other members are always ready to receive new members, new energy and new ideas. Call Kaylor at 362-3619 or Linda McGinnis at 379-1198 for meeting times and future plans.
Court St. Rita #894 was formed in the spring of 1924 by a group of women at St. Paul's Catholic Church to parallel and cooperate with the parish's Knights of Columbus. Mary E. Malone chaired the meeting and secured 59 members in a few weeks.
Chartered on June 24, 1924, the Court of St. Andrew in Bennington installed the new officers and members. Malone was the first regent and the first initiation was held at the Equinox House in Manchester.