Single-payer is the way to go
Obamacare has definitely done some good. The main benefit has been to make health insurance available to many who did not have access before. Also patients with preexisting conditions cannot be denied coverage by the insurance companies. But Obamacare falls short in many ways:
• About 25 million of us will be left uninsured and many more will be underinsured
• Administrative complexity and waste have not been reduced; they have increased
• High deductibles and copays keep patients away from care by erecting financial barriers
• Cost of medications is skyrocketing
• Cost of health care continues to rise at an unsustainable rate
Our system costs twice as much per person as the rest of the industrialized nations. Our clinical results are poor when compared to these nations. Improved Medicare-for-All with a single payer seems to be the only way to go.