After numerous discussions inside the walls of the Winhall Market I have come up with the following plan to get America out of the friggin' financial mess we started getting ourselves into some 50 years ago. Starting Tomorrow. . . . . . . . . . . . . The United States should declare bankruptcy. We spend more money on debt service than on any other item in the budget. We need a fresh start. Believe it or not the countries that we go Chapter 7 on will still do business with us.
Stop all payments to any foreign country unless we are getting something of equal value in return.
- Pull our military out of all countries where we are engaged.
- Keeping only the ones needed for our National Security.
- Then stay out of everyone else business.
- Congress will get the same Health and Pension benefits as the rest of America. They will no longer get their salaries as a pension after serving two terms. Anyone getting a Welfare Check will be required to take a random drug test.
- Anyone getting a Welfare Check will be assigned a job befitting their abilities. This could be a school crossing guard, helping in a hospital or whatever.
- Every Taxpaying American Citizen will receive a debit card with $ 1,000 on it. This can only be used to purchase a product excluding booze and cigarettes. This is a use it or lose it plan and monthly it will be replenished. It cannot be used to reduce someone's debt load.
- Taxes. . . we will do away with the current triple tax system (income, sales and estate taxes). We will go to a consumption tax instead. You may invite me to dinner anytime to discuss this in greater detail.