ARLINGTON >> Firefighters put out a small basement fire after a tree took down utility wires Wednesday.
The Arlington Fire Department responded to a call of downed wires on Laver Road at 5:54 p.m. At 6:08 p.m., firefighters were then summoned to a residence at 415 Laver Rd. for a small basement fire, according to Arlington Fire Chief James Paustian.
The fire is believed to have been caused by a fan which ignited after the power lines came down, Paustian said
The fire was extinguished quickly and smoke was cleared from the home. Firefighters stood by until power was restored.
Additional assistance was provided by the Arlington Rescue Squad and Green Mountain Power.
—Makayla-Courtney McGeeney can be reached at (802)-447-7567, ext. 118.