MANCHESTER >> A full day of skiing – including night skiing – is planned at Bolton Valley, with roundtrip coach transportation from Manchester and Rutland, for $139. That's the idea behind Pink Powder Day, Friday Jan. 22, which is being organized by Komen Vermont-New Hampshire, which will receive a $15 donation from Bolton Valley plus a donation from Catamount Tours of Vermont (the bus folks) for every registrant.
"It's going to be a great day," said Terry Farkas, Komen VT-NH's Executive Director. "We here in the Manchester area have three great mountains in our back yard, so we thought hey, why not find a resort that, maybe, local folks have never skied before, and make a day of it? We approached the good people at Bolton Valley, because it's a great mountain, it's about two hours away, and it has night skiing, which is very cool. They loved the idea, so here we go."
As with all of Komen Vermont-New Hampshire events, 75 percent of the money raised on Pink Powder Day will stay local, benefiting breast cancer and breast health organizations that serve the women, men and families touched by breast cancer in both states. The remaining 25 percent will be devoted to Komen's global breast cancer research initiatives.
The bus will leave Manchester at 11 a.m. and Rutland at 11:45 a.m,, arriving at Bolton Valley at 1:30 p.m, on Friday, Jan. 22. The return trip leaves Bolton Valley at 8 p.m, having skiers and riders back in Rutland by 9:30 p.m. and in Manchester by 10:15 p.m. (arrival and return times are approximate and subject to weather and traffic conditions).
Reserve a seat on the Pink Powder Express by visiting komenvtnh.org by Jan. 15. For those who would prefer to do their own road trip,take advantage of Bolton Valley's special Pink Powder Pass – an all day (and into the night) lift ticket for just $29 – a $30 savings. This is an online deal only, and the lift ticket must be purchased by January 15, at boltonvalley.com. Click the Pink Powder Day link in their January calendar.
For more information and to register by phone, call 802-362-2733.