MANCHESTER- In the early morning on Monday, Oct. 8 a fire broke out in a mobile home located on Homer Road. The home was owned by the Tobin family and no one was injured, but there was minor damage to the surrounding homes. The Tobin home was completely destroyed, according to fire officials.

Philip "Grub" Bourn, Manchester's Fire Chief, believes the fire was electrical. On Sunday, an electrical fire was put out by the family, but it went unreported, he said. A second fire broke out at 3 a.m., he said.

By the time the fire department arrived at the scene the building was completely engulfed in flames. At that point there was a focus on protecting the surrounding mobile homes in close proximity, Bourn said.

A full report on the fire is expected to be filed on Tuesday, Bourn said.

The surrounding buildings suffered minor damage. A shed close the fire was blackened and a couple mobile homes that neighbored the Tobin's had melted vinyl and some burn marks.

The Tobin family is currently looking for donations of clothing, as they lost everything in the fire. Those interested in assisting the Tobin family can contact Antoinette Todd on Facebook to help.

More information on the story will appear in the next publication of the Manchester Journal.


Advertisement